PHP Web Developer
As a Web Developer this a great chance to join a friendly technical team of developers in the heart of Surrey. Near the fun town of Guildford.
The Web Developer will be responsible for helping to write functional specifications to ensure that we capture the client’s full requirements. You will also be responsible for delivering projects on time and to spec ensuring that every detail of the functional specification is covered before handing conducting a hand over meeting to the QA team.
Some of the more technical requirements of the Web Developer role.
Solution Development and Delivery
- Create efficient and logical databases for clients.
- Design and code superior technical solutions.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Communicates and enforces coding standards
- Manages resources within budget and project schedule.
- Reviews work of team.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to clients.
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
- Effectively employs many different database design techniques.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
About the company
The company is a software development company specialising in the design and development of business websites and web applications. We have been providing first class business solutions and services to a diverse range of customers, ranging from start-ups to large blue chip organisations.
Customers include Reuters, Opta, Sky and many more. We have a long track record of developing web based applications and have an extensive portfolio of successfully delivered projects.
You will be expected to have some of the required skills:
- LAMP environment
- Confidently writes the four basic SQL statements
- Web 2.0 technologies
- Possesses basic knowledge of XML/XSL
- Exhibits proficiency in HTML and one scripting language
- Understands basic relational database concepts.
- Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
- Establishes effective working relationship with clients
- Follows established communication guidelines
- Uses good judgment in what and how to communicate with clients