Our client is looking for a bright and highly motivated person with a strong Linux background to join the engineering team.
Working alongside the rest of the operations team, the role will include a continuous mixture of immediate, short term and longer term projects to deal with the tactical necessities and strategic goals of the company. Examples would include servicing ticket based customer requests, configuring or commissioning network infrastructure, enhancing our monitoring applications, analysing system performance and deploying customer projects. We only work use Open Source software.
You will also be expected to be help out with ad hoc office duties, such as setting up desks for new starters and you will be desktop support for the office team, so a willingness to help out will be a key trait.
Solution Development and Delivery
- Systems Administration in Linux and networking knowledge
- Maintaining our internal servers and also our externally based servers (London Docklands, Manchester & Woking)-travelling to these as necessary
- Ordering equipment for the office and servers
- Office support
- First line for any client communication regarding hosting
- Assist Engineering in commissioning and decommissioning servers, releasing projects.
- Set up VPN for staff
- Maintain our CentOS OpenVZ virtualisation servers and VMs
- Part of NOC on call rota
Required Programming Languages and Systems Knowledge
- Confident with Linux command line, especially CentOS
- Some scripting knowledge in BASH, Perl, Python
- Basic web development in Apache, MySQL, PHP
- Networking-BGP & OSPF, VLANs and IP subnetting
Preferable Languages and Systems Knowledge
- Monitoring-SNMP, Nagios and Cacti
- Networking-Quagga, OpenVPN
- Hardware-Dell servers, D-Link switches
Professional Development required:
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seeks input from mentors and supervisors.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Accurately completes and submits time and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner.
- Complies with all of our policies and procedures.
If this role sounds like you then apply today!